Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Boundaries

On the weekend I learned that I could have Kindle on my Motorola Droid. That was awesome because I spend a great deal of time reading. This could be an addicting thing! Nevertheless, I started searching for what is 'eating Gilbert Grape' this week; my kids.

I stumble upon (no registered trademark infringement or advertisement meant)this book that talks about setting boundaries for your adult kids. As I began to read this, I was shocked that it isn't my kids' fault but my own that they continue to 'expect everything' from me but give very little back because again, they expected it of me and that makes it an obligation to me.

Long story short, I'm learning to set the boundaries. I'm learning that now my physical parenting days are over and my spiritual parenting days are just beginning. Now it's time to pray and thank God that I have done my part and know without doubt that they've been prepared for Him to do His.

No comments:

Post a Comment